Saturday, September 15, 2012

Blog Post #3

C4C Assignment
On my C4C Assignment I chose to comment on his/her page publicly because his/her post was well written with only a few minor mistakes. I see no reason with commenting privately when he/she has many errors in their post when a peer can just comment publicly with keeping it nice and simple.

Peer Editing
After watching What Is Peer Editing? I think it is very important to use complaints, suggestions, and corrections when peer editing a post. Most of all the best advice they gave in the video is to always stay postive no matter what. Being positive while peer editing a post is very important, as the video said "Rember you are helping to improve someone's writing, we would not like it if someone was telling you that you need to improve your writing in a hateful way". Always have an open ear when receiving criticism from our peers.
I really liked the Top 10 Mistakes video. It was a great way of showing childern what not to do while peer editing. With childern they take criticism in a personal way most of the time, so we as future teachers working with young kids have to be careful with that. We need to encourage our peers to write more and give positive feedback.

Technology in Special Education
The video Technology in Special Education is awesome! Technology is a wonderful thing. When we as teacher can have special education kids in our general education class is what I call a blessing. Both kids without disabilities and with disabilities can learn from each other. In the video we noticed that it was easier for the teacher to communicate with her students through technology. If technology helps improve grades and makes things a lot easier for the student as well as the teacher I see nothing wrong with having different kinds of technology in the classroom. As a future teacher i will use technology more in my classroom. I feel that my students might find school more interesting and eager to learn. Just when you think there is no hope for some kids technology proves us wrong.


How The Ipad Works with Academics for Autism
How the Ipad Works with Academics for Autism was a great video. The different kind of apps on the Ipad makes it easier for Autism kids to learn and provides positive feedback and motivates them. If thats what it take for a child to better themselves then i am all for it. It is overall i great video and very helpful for teacher as well as parents.

I Speak Words App is a great app to use in the classroom, and i think that i would improve learning a lot. It is an app where it helps you pronounce words, helps build your vocabulary, and helps you write letters. It’s a great app for beginners and special needed kids that have problems writing and pronouncing some words. I would use this app to help children with their writing skills and spelling skills.

1 comment:

  1. Monique , I enjoyed reading your Blog Post #3. It had great detail and wonderful graphics. Content delivery was really good and clearly written. A suggestion I can offer for improvement is to be sure you proofread your blog before posting. I noticed in several places on your blog when you referred to yourself, a lower case I was used when it should have been a capital I. Your choice of words used was good , spelling was great and it is well organized. I look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete